Search News:



Archives by month:

February 2021
January 2021
December 2020
November 2020
October 2020
September 2020
August 2020
July 2020
June 2020
May 2020
April 2020
March 2020
February 2020
January 2020
December 2019
November 2019
October 2019
September 2019
August 2019
July 2019
June 2019
May 2019
April 2019
March 2019
February 2019
January 2019
December 2018
November 2018
October 2018
September 2018
August 2018
July 2018
June 2018
May 2018
April 2018
March 2018
February 2018
January 2018
December 2017
November 2017
October 2017
September 2017
August 2017
July 2017
June 2017
May 2017
April 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
July 2016
June 2016
May 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015
October 2015
September 2015
August 2015
July 2015
June 2015
May 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
April 2012
August 2011
March 2011

Blogs Categories:

Codename News
Bush Whacker 2
Egg Breaker Adventures
Shards of Titan
Legacy Games
Crusaders of the Lost Idols
Tap Tap Movie
Idle Champions

Popular tags:

bw2, event, new content, champions, idle, update, crusaders, access, early, new, release notes, weekend, buff, eba, patch notes, game, videogame, community, charity, change log, dungeons, legacy games, dragons, 2018, idols, fun, objectives, d&d, content, spotlight, nate, 2017, halloween, contest, 2020, summer, 2019, shards of titan, mini, tier 4, lost, champion spotlight, anniversary, campaign, eb1, quest, kaine, baldur's gate, sot.
February 3rd
Idle Champions: Grand Revel 4 
Posted in Idle Champions.

As Camp Vengeance gets ready to celebrate Grand Revel, a lone Templar approaches the Champions. Her merchant friend's caravan is missing.

The investigation found only scattered supplies and wreckage along the trail. If there are any survivors, they seem to have been taken into the jungles of Chult...

Grand Revel 4 introduces Hew Maan, a definitely human Champion and not three kobolds in a trench coat, and brings back Havilar, the Tiefling Fighter (Battlemaster) and twin sister to Farideh, and Paultin Seppa, the Vistani Bard. Players have until Monday, February 15th at 12PM Pacific to complete their Grand Revel unlocks and objectives.

For more information about Year 4 Events and how they work, please check out our Year 4 Events Dev Blog.

New Champion: Hew Maan

Dungeons & Dragons Hew Maan Three Kobolds in a Trenchcoat

    Zrang, his twin brother Kleeb, and their brood-sister Yassa began their Icewind Dale existence stealing gems and dreaming of being respected by the locals. Inspired by their mentor, Jarlaxle, they stand tall to form Hew Maan - who is totally a human and not on a nefarious mission to steal all the Champions' stuff.


Zrang, Kleeb, and Yassa team up and stack up to form Hew Maan, providing different buffs based on who's on top of the stack. Hew Maan is a Support champion, when you want to add them to your formation, you can swap them with Delina (Slot 8).

II. Hew Maan's Stats

Race: Kobold & "Human" Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class: Rogue/Bard Gender: Male & Female
Age: 67 Affiliation: none

STR: 11 DEX: 12 CON: 16
INT: 12 WIS: 8 CHA: 16

Role: Support
Eligible for Patrons: Mirt the Moneylender, Vajra Safahr
Slot: 8, (Delina)


Hew Maan's Abilities

Zrang and his siblings hide inside a trench coat and masquerade as a human, and their teamwork makes their dream work! Their buffs change based on where they are located in the formation. With Teamwork, they provide three different buffs that are useful in different situations. Place them near the front of the formation and they increase your rate of progression, place them in the center of the formation and they assist with killing bosses. Place them near the back of the formation and they greatly increase your damage against non-boss monsters. Hello, Fellow Humans, allows them to buff their fellow human Champions, but they can masquerade and buff another race through their specialization ability Did We Say Humans? We Meant....

For more information on Hew Maan and their abilities, check out their Champion Spotlight!


Year Four Variants


  • Kobolds in Trench Coats! — Hew Maan starts in the front of the formation. They can't be moved or removed. Two of Hew Maan's "Human" friends have also joined the formation to see them in action! Quest requirements are doubled in non-boss areas.
      Getting to know Zrang — Because of their location in the formation, Zrang is on top of Hew Maan, meaning that enemies have a 25% chance to count double for quest progress (Teamwork). Kleeb and Yassa are not on top, which means that hits-based and armor-based enemies and blockers have a 50% chance of spawning with 25% of their hits already gone, and the base attack cooldown of Champions adjacent to Hew Maan are reduced by .5 seconds (Please Stand By)!
    Reach Area 75.
  • More Dead Than Hew Maan — Hew Maan starts in one of the middle columns of the formation. They can't be moved or removed. Relentless Undead monsters spawn and attack your formation. When they are killed, they don't disappear. Instead, after 5 seconds, they get back up and resume their relentless attack.
      Getting to know Kleeb — Because of their location in the formation, Kleeb is on top of Hew Maan, meaning that Champion damage against bosses is increased and if that boss has hits-based or armor-based health, successful attacks destroy twice as many segments as they normally would (Teamwork), Yassa and Zrang are not on top, which means that boss enemies move 25% slower, and the base attack cooldowns of Champions adjacent to Hew Maan are reduced by .5 seconds (Please Stand By)!
    Reach Area 125.
  • Hit 'em fast, Hit 'em hard — Hew Maan starts in the back of the formation. They can't be moved or removed. Armored abyssal chickens spawn in each area. These chickens drop no gold, nor do they count towards quest progress. Every 10 areas, the number of Abyssal Chickens that spawn per area increases by 1.
      Getting to know Yassa — Because of their location in the formation, Yassa is on top of Hew Maan, meaning that Champion damage is increased in the two columns in front of Hew Maan (Teamwork), Kleeb and Zrang are not on top, which means that hits-based and armor-based enemies and blockers have a 50% chance of spawning with 25% of their hits already gone, and bosses move 25% slower (Please Stand By)!
    Reach Area 175.
For information on previous years' variants, check out the Grand Revel 3 blog.