It's time for the last hurrah of summer, so relax poolside (you just have to build it first!) and experience the joy of fostering an adorable puppy!
Once the pool is built, there are three turn-in stations and new quest lines have been added to the event this year to keep things fresh and interesting. Make sure you have reached the Commons via the Mysterious Forest so you can take part in all the new questy goodness!
Let's break this event down:
Who Let The Dogs Out?
You can get started right away on the Dog part of the event, just speak to Nate and give a home to one of the 'surplus' puppies Nate managed to order for himself. These puppies can be adopted permanently at the end of the event (please see your platform for the appropriate cost/tax). Once you've adopted your chosen pup, Nate will give you the first of six daily quests (which repeat if you miss them!) and get you on your way to raising a proper pet!
Ain't No Party Like A Poolside Party!
Talk to the Pool Builder to get started on building a pool in the event area, as that will allow the rest of the event to unlock. She'll have you go through three quests of finding pool parts, and once the pool is totally finished, residents will filter in to take up their appropriate spots. We've added three new quest lines, which will unlock over the course of the first ten days of the event.
Keep your eye on the Bush Whacker Facebook Page and the Codename Entertainment Twitter for updates as quests and activities unlock!
POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!! - Achievements
There are EIGHT possible Achievements in the Dog Days of Summer 2014 event:
Repeating Achievements in 2014:
- Pool Digger - Build the Pool for the Dog Days event. (Large Energy Pack)
- Safety First! - Help at each pool-side station during the event. (Large Energy Pack)
- Safety to the Max! - Help at each pool station 50 times (Title: Summer Saver) - must first complete "Safety First!"
- Doggy Daycare - Complete all the doggy dailies (Large Energy Pack)
- Man's Best Friend- Level your doggy pet up to level 10 (Large Energy Pack)
Added/Changed for 2014:
- Training Day - Complete all the puppy training quests (Large Energy Pack)
- Dog Days Outlet - Buy all the custom items for 2014. (Large Energy Pack)
We have 1 achievements from last year's event, which may be earned by spending some Bush Bucks, if a player was not present/didn't earn it during the initial year:
- Dog Days Sale - Buy all the custom items and pool items (Large Energy Pack)
* The Dog Days Mini Golf piece is NOT included in the Dog Days Outlet achievement, and therefore it is not a required purchase.
2014 Pet Packs
Hot Dog Weiner - Increases your chance to win event turn-in items by up to 20%
Firefighter Dalmatian - Gives you up to a 20% chance to double non-multiplied power wins!
Corgy - Gives you up to a 20% chance to double non-multiplied mana wins!
2013 Event Pets available for Bush Bucks:
The first of his kind, the 2013 Weiner Dog increases your chance to win event turn-in items by up to 20%
Got it? Awesome! Head on over to the Commons and meet up with Nate and the Pool Digger to get started - but remember, NO RUNNING AROUND THE POOL! The Dog Days of Summer event runs until Friday September 12, 2014 at Noon PDT!
Adopt a dog and build a pool to relax by now!