Are you ready to stuff yourself full of tryptophan?!
The Pilgrim Monkey is on hand to ensure that the bounty of the fall is harvested, to prepare an epic feast for all the Monkey's to enjoy. Help him prepare the Thanksgiving meal by decorating the table and filling it with delicious food stuffs. Collect wild turkeys and earn trophy room items, or check out the available Extras in the Pilgrim Monkey's store!
Note: We are closely monitoring your event feedback after each holiday event, and are making ongoing improvements to the balance of event gameplay. Want your opinion heard? Make sure you send us your thoughts at the end of the event!
General Event details:
- Collect 18 different types of supplies to prepare for a feast, of ever increasing amounts.
IF you need 50 remaining items, and you multiply a single egg and receive "100," only the first 50 will count. (i.e., you have 199 950 peas, you multiply for 100 peas, but you only keep 50. The remaining 50 are 'overstock' and are discarded by the system)
Why do you not get to roll them forward? Because each item you are collecting is different, and eggs can contain only one type of item. Yams are not gravy boats are not peas are not candle sticks. If you are getting close to the end of an item, use your multipliers carefully!
- You'll need to find…
…4 preparation items to advance from the Bronze stage to the Silver stage, (Place settings, candles, yams and gravy boats)
…4 preparation items to advance from the Silver stage to the Gold stage,
…12 preparation items at the Gold stage, as well as having won all 12 prizes to earn the Thanksgiving Event Trophy!
How the Event works:
The multiplier buff we introduced back in September has been exceptionally well received in event feedback so we are continuing its use! Here's the low-down on how the buff works:
Let's break down the Pilgrim Monkey's special event stage:
From the Pilgrim Monkey's Special Event Screen, you can:
- The original Thanksgiving buff has been removed and in its place is an daily upgradable multiplier buff which increases each time you feed the Pilgrim Monkey Thanksgiving Event Tokens, up to a buff of 8x:
- Feed the monkey once, increase the buff to 2x,
- Feed the monkey twice, increase the buff to 4x,
- Feed the monkey three times, the buff increases to 8x - additional feedings past this will not increase the multiplier any further, it will remain capped at 8x
- If you merely activate the monkey, but do not feed him, the buff will not increase. You must feed the Pilgrim Monkey for the buff to increase.
- The permanent Base x2 buff only applies to preparation item wins.
- The graphic for the buff itself will not change, by placing your cursor over the buff icon on the right side of the breaking screen, you can see your buff has leveled up to.
- All normal buffs are available.
- The base multiplier will reset every day at Midnight PST.
- Track how much time is left until the event ends,
- Visually watch the feast table become crowded with tasty goodness!
- See your progress towards your current preparation items,
- See the current cost of the items which you are working towards,
- Keep count of your Wild Turkey Achievement progression!
- Easily track your progress towards preparation completed, Prizes collected (Click the Prize button to see which ones you've earned/are missing), Progression Ribbons and the Thanksgiving Trophy!
Rewards and Extras!:
3 successive ribbons for progression, which permanently add additional +5, +10 or +15 hammers respectively.
Can be displayed in a Trophy Room.
Ribbon and Trophy (if earned) are awarded after the event finishes on December 3, 2014. The highest ribbon earned will be awarded.
Wild Turkey Achievement:
As you break eggs, wild turkeys appear and wander around the screen.
Gently tap the turkey before it's gone! The turkey will try to escape, but one painless tap and magically you have a fragrant, perfectly cooked turkey!
At the 1st, 50th and 250th turkey found, you will unlock special decorations for your trophy room. Turkeys will continue to appear after you have earned the last achievement, but you can continue to hit them. Hitting additional turkeys will not grant additional benefits.
Can be displayed in a Trophy Room
Unlimited Turkeys! After you have earned the Thanksgiving Trophy, you can continue to earn Turkeys, which can fill up your Trophy room - some plucking may be required, if you're hungry.
Available in the Pilgrim Monkey's Store:
Costs 250 Thanksgiving Tokens
- Contains a random selection of hammers, multipliers and star pieces
- Must be used by 11:59:59 PM PDT on 2014-12-4!
(We encourage you to use them by the end of the day on December 3rd, just in case!)
Available for Event Tokens:
2014 Event Hat - Pumpkin Pie hat - 10% more Event Tokens
2013 Event Hammer - Drumstick Hammer - Slightly more stars
Available for Monkey Bucks:
2013 Pilgrim Hat: Increases Holiday/Event Token wins and Star wins by 10%
2013 Turkey Hat: Increases Holiday/Event Token wins and Multiplayer wins by 10%
Hat Packs for 2014:
- Chance your last Egg Broken was Free
- 10% More Gold
- Small chance of Bonus Hammer Win
- 10% more Event Tokens
Each Hat Pack also comes with:
- 500 Hammers
- 1000x Multiplier
- 75 Stars
The Thanksgiving Event will run until Wednesday December 3, 2014 - Noon PST.
Tell us what you think of the update here!